QUEENSVIEW, INC. STATEMENT OF MOVE-IN POLICIES & PROCEDURES
This statement sets forth Queensview’s Move-In Policies and Procedures. It is neither a contract nor a promise, and no party other than Queensview may make any claim based upon reliance on this statement. This statement applies both to shareholders newly entering Queensview, and shareholders transferring apartments within Queensview. The Board may supplement or amend these rules at any time.
- Housing accommodations will be shown and made available for sale to all persons as set forth in the Human Rights Law of the City of New York and the Human Rights Law of the State of New York (see: http://www.nyc.gov/html/cchr/html/hrlaw.html and http://www.nysdhr.com/hrlaw.html#top).
- When an apartment becomes available, the applicants in order of priority on the transfer list will be notified. In the event that the transfer list is exhausted, the vacant apartment will be offered to the applicants on the outside waiting list in the order of priority.
- All terms and condition in the “Offering Letter" are incorporated into this policy.
Upon notification of apartment availability, the applicant shall be given:
- Statement of Move-In Policies and Procedures
- Statement of Policies and Procedures for Renovation Charges on Move-Out
- Damage to Apartment Policy
- House Rules
- Electrical Charges List
- Occupancy Policy
- Rent Payment Policy
- Parking/Towing Policy
- Bike Room Policy
- Stock Purchase/Sale Policy
- Financing Policy
- Hallway Decoration Policy
- Alteration Policy
- Insurance Requirements
Carrying charges for the Incoming Cooperator shall begin when the shares are legally transferred.
New incoming shareholders are required to attend a mandatory orientation meeting prior to closing on the new apartment.
The incoming shareholder shall be provided keys to the apartment, building, and mailbox only after the shares are legally transferred at closing.
Renovation of Apartment
The financial responsibility of the Incoming Cooperator for renovation of the apartment is specified in the Statement of Policies and Procedures for Renovation Charges on Move-Out.
Move-ins shall be limited to between 8:00 AM and 5:00 PM, Monday thru Friday and 10:00 A.M. and 5:00 P.M. on Saturdays and Sundays. Any shareholder found in violation of this time frame shall be fined $500.
Damages While Moving
Damage to walls, floors, ceilings, lighting fixtures, and doors of hallways and stairwells, and to doors or interior of the elevator cab caused by the Incoming Cooperator shall be charged to the Incoming Cooperator.
Advance notice must be given to the Management office for the use of the elevator for moving purposes. Only one elevator may be used when moving furniture and other articles. The management office shall make available protective material for preventing damage to the elevator cab; this material must be used by those moving in or out of Queensview, as well as those current residents transferring from another building. The elevator dimensions are:
- Door – 34" x 7’
- Floor – 37" x 69"
- Inside height – 7’6"
- Corner to corner inside cab – 10’
- (If an item cannot fit in to the elevator, the stairwell must be used)
Within ninety (90) days of move-in, Queensview shall inspect the apartment and complete the standard apartment inspection check list that is used during the annual inspection of all apartments in Queensview. The shareholder must have the apartment painted within this 90 day time frame.
This statement of Move-In Policies and Procedures was approved by the Board and shall be effective as of 8/14/90. It was amended on the following dates: 12/7/04, 2/7/06, and 4/11/06, 7/10/06, 1/17/12
This document is also available as a download.
The documents made available on this website are for the convenience of Queensview’s shareholders. These documents may not be the most current version in effect and should not be relied upon without the prior confirmation of management.
Furthermore, the Board of Directors of Queensview reserves the right to modify, amend or repeal any document made available on this website at any time and, notwithstanding the version made available on this website, any such modified, amended or repealed document shall be effective as of the date such action was taken by the Board of Directors of Queensview.