This statement sets forth the policy and rules governing the use of Queensview’s off-street parking facilities. It is neither a contract nor a promise and no party other than Queensview (“QV”) may make any claim based upon reliance on this statement. A parking sticker provides only the right to park in any QV parking lot subject to available space. Only vehicles bearing a current, properly displayed QV parking sticker may use the off-street parking facilities. Only the Board of Directors has the right to make variances to this policy. The Board may supplement or amend these rules at any time.
Obtaining a Sticker
An application for a parking sticker shall be made in person at the QV management office. The applicant shall also submit:
- the vehicle’s registration;
- his/her driver’s license;
- a separate check or money order made out to “Queensview Inc.” (note: the fee shall not be included with rent or any other payments to QV).
Late Registration/Early Termination/Replacement
- Parking permits will be sold on a full month pro-rated basis to new cooperators or existing cooperators newly acquiring a car.
- Any cooperator moving out permanently or disposing of his/her car will be reimbursed for the remaining full months. Refunds will be issued upon receipt of the parking sticker.
- For existing cooperators with current year’s stickers who replace their car mid year, a new parking sticker shall be issued at no additional cost, provided that the original parking sticker is submitted, either in whole or in pieces, with a new application.
The current yearly fee is $350. The amount of the parking fees established by the Board of Directors is payable in advance for one year beginning June 1. As of June 10, any car found with the prior year’s sticker will be assessed a $30 late charge; this fee shall increase thereafter $10 per day. As of June 30, any car found parked in a QV lot with the prior year’s sticker shall be towed.
- Only one parking sticker shall be issued for an apartment and the parking sticker shall be used only on the car covered by the application, i.e. the parking sticker shall not be transferred from one car to another.
- In addition to cooperators, regular parking stickers may be issued to bona fide residents in the apartments of shareholders, apartment renters, commercial tenants (limit one), and sub lessees, provided that the sublessor returns his own parking sticker.
- Regular parking stickers may be issued to the Manager and resident superintendent and assistant superintendent at no charge. Only one parking sticker shall be issued per individual. Restricted parking stickers may be issued to QV employees (at no charge) and nursery school staff, and NORC program staff which shall be valid only during working hours (between 8 AM and 6 PM) and only for parking lots 13 and 14.
- Temporary parking permits may be issued by the management office, when necessary, to persons having business with QV. Vehicles with temporary parking permits are limited to using lots 13 and 14, and only during working hours. Temporary parking permits shall be displayed on the dashboard on the driver’s side.Page 2 of 2 Parking Policy rev Dec 13, 2012.doc
- The following types of vehicles shall not be entitled to parking stickers: those wider than the space between the yellow lines, those with commercial or livery plates, and motorcycles and other two-wheeled vehicles.
- Parking stickers shall be permanently affixed to the right rear window, to facilitate the checking of authorized parking.
- Vehicles shall not display parking stickers from multiple years. Only current year’s stickers shall be placed in the window – prior year’s stickers must be removed.
Use of Lots
- Cars shall be parked nose in, not backed in.
- Cars shall be properly parked by centering between and not straddling the yellow lines.
- Cars shall not be parked in the end (bay) areas of parking lots, nor in the oil truck delivery driveway.
- Car owners shall keep the parking areas clean and not allow fluids to accumulate or be drained from their cars.
- Parking areas may not be used for any purpose other than parking.
- Management may require owners to move their cars from one area to another when necessary to facilitate QV operations.
- Car covers are permitted provided that the QV parking sticker and both license plates remain visible at all times.
- An owner of a car equipped with an alarm that repeatedly goes off without response by the owner will be asked to correct the problem, and failing that, have his permit revoked.
- Cars which are illegally parked may be towed away at the owner’s expense.
- Violators of these rules may have their permits revoked.
- Cooperators, apartment renters, commercial tenants, and sublessees who are found to be in violation of the proprietary leas are subject to revocation of their parking permits.
Any unauthorized vehicle parked in QV's parking lots can and will be towed. An unauthorized vehicle is defined as:
- Any vehicle without a valid QV parking sticker;
- Any vehicle with a valid QV parking sticker parked for an extended period of time in a manner that blocks other legally parked vehicles;
- Any vehicle parked in the QV lots for more than 72 hours in an inoperable condition;
- Any vehicle parked in the QV lots without a valid registration or license plates.
Authority to call for towing rests in order, with the manager, the superintendent, the assistant superintendent, the chief of security, and the security guards on duty. The cost of towing will be borne by the vehicle owner.
This statement of parking policies and procedures was approved by the Board of Directors at its regular meeting on 03/18/87, and amended on the following dates: 04/29/87, 05/20/87, 10/28/87, 12/10/97, 07/13/04, 02/02/05, 4/12/11, 12/13/12.
This document is also available as a download.
The documents made available on this website are for the convenience of Queensview’s shareholders. These documents may not be the most current version in effect and should not be relied upon without the prior confirmation of management.
Furthermore, the Board of Directors of Queensview reserves the right to modify, amend or repeal any document made available on this website at any time and, notwithstanding the version made available on this website, any such modified, amended or repealed document shall be effective as of the date such action was taken by the Board of Directors of Queensview.